Monday, June 30, 2008

Sons in the City

I am happy to report we had a fabulous time at Granny's house. Chase is, and has been for sometime, fascinated by the fact Granny lives in the city. She actually lives in the suburbs but that is close enough for Chase. When we do have to venture into the actual city, Chase refers to it as "Down town city".



We headed up on Friday morning with my mom riding with us. My brother drove her car up last night. On Saturday, we rested and didn't really do much although Noel did attend his first movie, Wall-E. He did incredibly well. That child is simply the most easy going, affable baby I have ever known. I am constantly amazed by my little miracle man.







Sunday was mom and Chase day. After Mass we went into "downtown city" to the Discovery Place children's museum. We intended to stop and get a bite to eat on our way but we were at our exit before we knew it. As good luck would have it, I missed the turn to the parking garage and we ended up passing a grocery store about a block away. We picked up the makings of a picnic lunch and made our way to a bench to eat. We found a pretty fountain to sit by instead.

After lunch we headed to the museum. We watched a really cool IMAX movie about prehistoric sea creatures and then went to explore. There were so many cool exhibits, and the place wasn't terribly crowded so we took advantage of everything. Here is Chase completely wrapped up in the Rain Forest Creatures show and pics of what had him so enthralled. Because of the dimensions of the picture I cannot place it horizontally, but you get the idea.



I thought, mistakenly, that Chases' favorite exhibit would be the dinosaurs, but he was far more fascinated by the simple machines. Do I have another engineer on my hands?






On Monday and Tuesday, we went to Carowinds a large amusement and water park. Monday, Granny and Noel went with us but Tuesday they opted out. Here are some shots from Monday.









We arrived home on Wednesday exhausted and out of our routine (which is not a big deal except for a certain 6 month old I know). The worst thing about vacations is that they must end, but we were awfully glad to get home to Daddy, and best of all to do so safe and sound.

No comments: