Tuesday, June 10, 2008

They just keep coming.

So, Chase skinned his knee up pretty bad yesterday. It took both Chris and I to clean it before bed last night as in one to hold (me) and one to swab on the peroxide (Chris). It was very dramatic. As Chris was tucking Chase in and being accused of not knowing the pain Chase was in, I hear Chase say, "Did they have peroxide back in the old days when you were growing up?" Of course, Chris started laughing and Chase wanted to know why. Chris told him that he doesn't think of when he was growing up as the old days. So, not getting an answer to his original question once it is quiet again Chase says, "Well, did they have peroxide when you were a lad?" A lad, really, what six year old says lad? We were both laughing hysterically at this point and Chase was taking it very personally. "What are you laughing at?", he demanded. I told him it was because he thinks his parents are so old. "Well, you are,"he replies matter of factly. So we are, so we are.

3 comments:

Tara said...

that is so funny. I can only imagine the joy you get from his words everyday.

MaryBeth said...

He is too funny.... just like his sweet mommy! You know I don't remember many things, but I distinctly remember you insisting on cleaning out a cut I got on my knee once with soap, water, and then peroxide.

Kim said...

That is just hilarious. I am really getting a kick out of your Chase isms, so keep 'em rolling.