Monday, June 9, 2008

Chase-isms and Noel News

Chase is one of those kids you should follow around with a pad and pencil so you don't forget the funny things he says. Here are two of the most recent Chase-isms. After showing me his latest trick on the trampoline..."I should be on Oprah". "Why Oprah," I ask. "Didn't you just see that trick." Enough said.
The next one requires a little explaining. Chase's Peepaw (my dad) has been cooking BBQ with his buddies for as long as I can remember. They used to cook whole pigs once a year and now they do Boston Butts with a lot more frequency. Friday afternoon we were swimming with Pop Dickie's girls. We ended up at the shop where the BBQ happens and then it was time to go. I was putting Noel in the van when Chase disappeared. He snuck back down to the shop. After I finished scolding him for slipping off he said, "But mom I really just wanted some of that Boston tail."





Mr. Noel continues to grow by leaps and bounds. Whenever I hold him and give him his bottle I just marvel at how huge he is. He looks like a toddler. He is right on track with all his baby tricks. He has been sitting up for quite sometime he was way ahead of schedule for that. I think we can attribute that to a, how shall we put this, firm foundation. Week before last he finally rolled over. I think the assets that helped him sit early kept him from rolling. There is a lot of baby to get from front to back. His latest trick is a "Buh" sound. He practices saying it all the time, and rolls his lips all the way in to give it more force. It is really cute, and Chase just know he is trying to say Big Brother.

2 comments:

MaryBeth said...

Getting fancy with Blogger now, woo hoo!

Chase and Ella are quite a matched pair for hilarious sayings! We had a great time swimming with you guys Friday... maybe we should make a standing date evening for swimming and pizza each week?!?

I just love how much sweet baby there is to love when Noel is around. He is 100% lovable!!

Kim said...

I'm with Chase on that Boston Tail! It makes me hungry just thinking about it! Noel is already sitting up huh? Emma Grace just gets this goofy face every time she tries and gets completely aggravated that her continuous attempts are failing her. Maybe soon!