Tuesday, May 26, 2009

A-day celebration

This is my only decent photo of our weekend A-day celebration. We had a great party complete with an awesome homemade Elmo cake, the picture of which I seemed to have deleted. I can't tell you how disappointed I am by this, it was really great, if I did make it myself. Complete with enough red dye to send sensitive kids to the moon and back. It is probably best the 4 Silly Sisters weren't able to make it, though they were sorely missed.

Right in the middle of the A-day party, Chase coincidentally decided it was time to pull his second tooth (an attention getting ploy if ever there was one). There has been much discussion at our house regarding the value of subsequent teeth since the first one brought a whopping $5. Considering some of his classmates have pulled in $10 and $15, the value of a tooth to the tooth fairy is a hotly debated topic at our house. I told him I was pretty sure you got a good bit for your first one and less from there on out. Well, he got $2 for this one and has thusly developed a new tooth theory. You get $5 for the first tooth and then the amount of money equals the order the tooth was pulled in. This was his second tooth, so he got $2. Considering the amount of money we have already invested in those teeth, maybe Chase is on to something in trying to recoup that cost???

Noel got a really cool water table which will hopefully keep him busy this summer and some great sand/dirt toys. We are definitely summer ready, now all we need is the sunshine. There has not been much of that to be had around here. Sunday we went to a cookout at the lake, and Noel got to take his first boat ride. It lasted all of five minutes until we got rained out. He was not impressed. Monday was fairly nice but Noel was so beat from his adventurous weekend he napped all afternoon and missed playing outside. And while it is pouring down rain as I type this blog, I feel confident there will be ample water-table, sand toy opportunity in the days to come.

1 comment:

MaryBeth said...

Glad you had a great celebration... and I'm happy we didn't come after all b/c now the virus has claimed all four of the girls! In this case I'm happy we didn't share!!

Can't wait to share in some summer fun with you guys when we're all well though.