Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Happy "A" Day


What is A-Day, you might ask. Well, today is the day it became officially official, Noel was legally adopted (photo above). The State of Georgia recognized what God had ordained, that we were Noel's family. We have a big A-day celebration planned for Saturday. We are making a big deal out of A-Day from here on out since Noel has a Christmas Eve birthday. He is an awesome kid, but it is hard to compete with the baby Jesus. It was so funny because my Grandma asked me yesterday if they have cards for adoption days. I told her I didn't thinks so, that we kind of made the holiday up.
A-day falls in what Chris refers to as the most expensive month of the year for our family. We have both our Grandmother's birthdays, both our mother's birthdays, my birthday, and Mother's day. Not to mention, end of the school year teacher gifts, but this celebration is well worth it. As Noel grows up, I never want him to doubt for a second how wanted and loved he is and always has been.

2 comments:

Jamie {See Jamie blog} said...

I like "A" Day. I've also heard it called "Gotcha Day." Congratulations. ♥
We are in process of adopting through the State of Georgia DFCS ourselves.

Tara said...

yeah! Happy Adoption day to you all. I enjoy reading your blog so much and watching him grow. What a cool kid!