Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Happy Belated Mother's Day

Ever noticed how most of my posts have belated in the title? I have. Oh well, that is an accurate reflection of the author.

I had a fabulous Mother's Day weekend. The University where I work granted over 700 degrees in ceremonies on Friday and Saturday. I have in the past avoided graduation ceremonies at all costs because I tend to get attached to my students, and so if I don't go it is like it never happens. Not logical, I know, but most coping mechanisms are not. So yes, as I watched some of my favorite little darlings marching in to receive their degrees, I shed a few tears. Here I am pre-ceremony handing our programs with one of our fine Grad students.




Those emotions were quickly put aside as Chris and I entered the challenge of our lives...trying to get decent pictures of the kids (especially one very busy toddler) at the photography studio. Do you like the way I waited until Mother's Day weekend to tackle this overdue task, so everyone had to be on board without complaining? Chris has never been to get pictures made with the two fun sons before and had no idea what a stressful ordeal it is. Noel literally made laps around the studio and the photographer had to be like Quick Draw McGraw snapping the pictures. In the end we got some great ones.






This one is the most accurate of our experience though with Noel heading out of frame as fast as possible.


I hadn't really intended to purchase any individuals of Chase because between school and soccer pictures we are covered, but get a load of this handsome, grown-up kid.



And, of course, the shot that everyone wants, the two of them together so they can be fairly displayed in wallets and pocketbooks by grandparents far and wide.




On Sunday, I had not one but two meals cooked for me. Lunch by my dad and dinner by my husband. It had already been a most full day and the kids were way past bedtime when this happened.

Chase lost his very first tooth. It was long overdue. He is nearly 8 for goodness sakes but upon further inspection it became evident why the baby tooth hadn't ever gotten very loose. The permanent tooth had grown in well behind it. Yikes! Looks like we are going to be making an Orthodontist very happy in the near future. Speaking of happy, I hope each of you felt as blessed and content as I did this Mother's day.









No comments: