Thursday, January 15, 2009

Ten pounds of Me

Chase's newest catch phrase is "Did someone order ten pounds of me?" He usually says this after running into a room. Last night he ran into the kitchen and asked if someone ordered ten pounds of handsome? I have no idea where he came up with this one, and since he obviously weighs more than 10 pounds I don't know if you only get a part of him if you say yes. He cracks me up.
There has been an ongoing debate at our house about whether or not Chase will play soccer this spring or try some other venture like scouting or karate. Chase finally made the difficult choice of karate, but then began to waffle when Chris explained karate wasn't something that ended like a sport did. He would have to make a commitment and stick with it. This really bothered Chase. He wanted to have an end date. Chris kept trying to explain that that martial arts were something that you could always practice and constantly improve upon. (I personally thought this concept was a little over Chase's head but kept my mouth shut.)
Finally, yesterday while Chase was eating breakfast the ultimate decision had to be made would it be soccer or karate? Chase said, " I am going to take Karate, but I quitting after I get my black belt and that is final." Fair enough. So look forward to exciting updates regarding Chasey-san.

No comments: