Monday, February 23, 2009

Let's hear it for the Girls

This mom got some much needed grown-up, girl time this weekend. Every other Thursday I participate in a bible study with women I have known for pretty much my whole life. Sadly, for quite some time life got in the way, but it has been such a blessing to reconnect with them over God's word. We took our show on the road this past weekend and though most of us are blogging moms didn't manage to come home with a single picture.
We had such a wonderful time doing a whole lot of nothing. Between the company, laughing until my stomach was sore, and sticking my toes in the sand for the first time in several years, it was a balm for my soul! My guys at home didnt' seem to miss much of a beat without old Mom around, so that seems like a good enough reason to do it more often.
I will say I think Noel was a little ticked at me for leaving. He was fine this morning before I left for work, but when I arrived home he would not let his Aunt Jessica go. He normally runs to the door to greet me, but tonight made it very clear he could do without me. Of course, he came around fast once I started cooking supper. He definitely proves the adage about the way to a man's heart. He also signed for the first time. I gave him his first sample bite and he did his normal squeal/whine for more. I signed more and gave him some. I was busy cooking but then I looked down and saw him signing away for more. I could have just burst I was so proud. Chris and Chase were at soccer and did not believe me when they got home, but sure enough he signed more for them when I gave him some crackers. Chase was so cute, I think he might have been more proud than Chris and I.

2 comments:

Ms. ~K said...

Well-deserved vacation!!!
Good for you,
~K

Tara said...

that is so funny. We just started "more" this week too and Ramsey has caught on. We're working on please also. That one is a little harder.