Thursday, February 19, 2009

Mr. Big Stuff and the Country Singer


I love this age! Even though Noel is into EVERYTHING, pitching temper tantrums often, and loves making people say, "OW!" (more on that), I love this stage of development. Don't get me wrong, little babies are wonderful and stay where you put them, but I prefer the energy, curiousity and sturdiness of a toddler any day.
I love that he comes running to the door when I get home from work and stands on my feet grunting for samples while I am cooking dinner. I love that he knows what doggies and cows say and when he's babbling you can often catch the tune of "Elmo's song". I love that he goes and gets his blanket out of his crib and lays his head on it when he is tired. I even love when he pitches little tantrums at the dinner table until you find the object of his desire and then they stop immediately.
In short Noel is just one big source of joy. It is even comical (though I know it won't be later) when he looks at you, screams "OW!', pulls your hair until you say "OW", and laughs. As I read that it doesn't sound cute or funny but trust me, it is.
I have always thought Chase inherited his PeePaw Lyle's musical ability. Not that he plays an instrument or anything but he is constantly making up songs or trying to pick songs out on his keyboard, guitar, or drum. Last night he was playing the drum in Noel's room and here is the song he sang:
Well I'm a big strong man
Doin what I can
But you took my heart away
Well, don't mess with me
Or I'll destroy your property
Looks like I may have to pack up and move to Nashville.

No comments: