Tuesday, February 10, 2009

My Sweet Boys

Perhaps the spirit of Valentine's Day is in the air because my guys have been especially sweet lately.

This guy, who got to spend the better part of the weekend with his Granny, was totally bummed when she had to leave on Sunday afternoon. To cheer him up I took him to pick out his Valentine's for his class. While we were at the store, he bought his brother a book and his dad a pack of gum as an early Valentine with his own money.
Thanks to my mom being in town, this guy took me on a date. It was well deserved because as best we can remember, the photo above was taken on our last one...for my birthday in May! We had a wonderful time and he even helped me shop for work clothes. He valiantly offered to see Bride Wars but I didn't torture him that much and we compromised on Taken. I thought it was very good, but I obviously don't get out much, so don't necessarily take my word for it.
And this little fellow is always sweet but is even cuter now as when you pucker up and make the "mmm" sound for a kiss he responds with a "buh" sound and comes and gives you one! We have decided he hasn't quite mastered the 'M' sound because he also says that cows say "Boo". As of one week ago, he has not had a single bottle (good thing I snapped this shot at Christmas time). I can't believe how fast he is growing, and I am so thankful to constantly be reminded that the sweetest things in life aren't things.

1 comment:

Ms. ~K said...

The love in your life is evident!

I've tagged you for the Honest Scrap Award, check tomorrow's post.
Kit