Tuesday, September 23, 2008

College Game Day



I love College Football. I was lucky enough to spend two wonderful years while getting my Master's degree at one of the places that embodies that tradition and spirit of the game, Clemson University. I made up my mind last year that this fall I was taking Chase to his first game. As it turns out, one of his classmates and best buddies is a Clemson fan too, so to celebrate his birthday we headed up to Tiger town.

We had a great time. Chase was a little concerned about sitting so high in the stands and asked what would happen if they fell. Once we got in he forgot his concerns. He was fascinated by watching , in real life, the players rub the rock and run down the hill because he has seen it on television so many times. And I am such a dork that even though we were baking in the sun, I got chills when the fight song played and the tigerts took the field. Of course, I always do.



When the mini fans weren't yelling "Go Clemson Tigers" or "giving them a tiger roar" (at Chase's insistence) into their megaphones, the commentary was hillarious. At one point the birthday boy said he couldn't wait to be Clemson football player, the girl in the crowd said she would be a cheerleader, and Chase said "I want to be the mascot." You've gotta have dreams. Go Tigers!

2 comments:

Tara said...

Chase says the funniest things. Glad you got out there to enjoy a game day and I'm sure Chase will always remember his first college football experience.

Ms. ~K said...

I must say he looks good in orange.
Ms. ~K