Friday, September 26, 2008

7 years, 9 months, and 1 tooth

I took the boys in for their respective check-ups on Wednesday. They are both very healthy I am blessed to report. Noel weighed in at 23 pounds and 3 ounces. I am confident he is heavier than that but he was coming off that scale, so it is hard to say. He is 27 and three quarter inches long (I think, the sheet is not here in front of me so I will update if wrong.) The doctor asked if he had any teeth during his check up and I told her I firmly believed the bottom ones would poke through at any time. When she stuck her finger in to feel, low and behold one had pushed through. He is very protective of it and all my efforts to photograph said tooth have failed. The pictures of my trying are pretty funny so I will post those ASAP.
Chase is a 50 pounder and is 47 inches tall. He was relieved to find he didn't have to have any shots at this check-up. He had been so nervous about that all week. I honestly couldn't remember if he was due any or not, so he kept trying to get me to call the office and find out. Have I mentioned he is not big on surprises or the unknown? As we left, she said she would see Noel at 12 months and Chase at 8 years. My heart kind of skipped a beat when she said that because 8 years old is a really big kid! I guess I am not really big on my kids growing up at warp speed which is neither surprising nor an unknown .

No comments: