Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Wordy Wednesday


I had set this picture aside because I thought it would make a perfect wordless Wednesday post. However, I have a lot to blog about so it is going to be wordy Wednesday instead. As you can tell from the picture, Noel has partied his little self out. This was on the 4th of July which turned out to be very low key for us. The night we returned home from Granny's, July 2nd, Chase began running a fever. With Chases' history of ear problems I did not want to end up in the ER on a holiday weekend so I took him to the Pediatrician Thursday a.m. He only had a virus, but that left me thinking he was contagious and our typical Independence Day bash was not a good idea. He woke up absolutely bouncing off the walls on the 4th though so we did end up hanging out at the pool and going to a cookout with the Lammers and watching Chris' maniac cousins put on their very own firework display. Noelly took in his first fireworks like he does everything else, totally calm and laid back.
Speaking of Noel, the Thursday before our trip, he went in for his 6 month check-up where he weighed 20 lbs and 12oz and was 27 and 3/4 inches long. Both put him in the 95th percentiles. He continues to be the happiest little guy I know although his sleep habits seem to be irreparably damaged since our trip and the holiday weekend.
As for Chase, he completely back to full speed ahead and informed his father yesterday that he could feel his hammer teeth coming through his gut. Allow me to translate, he can feel his 6 yr. molars coming through his gum. He also told me, when I thought he was coughing on pool water, and needed a break, that it wasn't water but something was stuck on the punching bag in the back of his throat. I will close with that little riddle and let you figure that one out on your own.

No comments: