Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Lest I forget

Ok, this is too great and I have to write it down before I forget. Last night Chase was sooooo tired and very near melt down mode, and I was trying my hardest to get him into bed. He went to brush his teeth. Before I got in there, I heard him softly whining/lamenting to himself. I hurried to see what was wrong. This is what my six year old kindergartener said to me, " Mom, I am just so tired of work. I really just need a day off. I really just need a vacation." Work, a day off, vacation??!!?? I usually do pretty well, but this time I could not keep a straight face. The kid has been out of school more than in the past few weeks because of his sickness.
He then shared his concern that all that schoolwork was using all his brain power and there would be none left. I told him his brain was like his muscles and the more you exercise it the stronger it becomes. He still assured me that he needed a vacation. I guess Kindergarten is more strenuous than I remember. Mary Beth, you were right Chase is a great source of blog material.

4 comments:

MaryBeth said...

That is too funny!!

LeAnne said...

To live the life of a child again would be my dream. I wish I could bottle that innocence so when things get really tough I could take it out and be a kid again.

MaryBeth said...

Real quick wanted to tell you that Hilary who did my blog template for me FREE is offering them free utnil the 17th of March. After that she'll be charging. Check her out! Here's a link.
http://myblog-hilary.blogspot.com/2008/03/up-until-now-only-people-that-i-knew.html

Hilary said...

Amanda, I would love to do a blog layout for you! Email me at hilary.keegan@gmail.com so we can get started.