Friday, January 18, 2008

Snow Far, So Good


Well, most who read this already know that yesterday was a snow day! That only translated into a late opening for my University. Boo! It was more than suffiicient excitement for Chase though. He conned his father ( not a hard sell) to go out with him Wednesday night. Then headed back out first thing Thursday morning. He couldn't understand why Noel couldn't come out and play too. He then went up to the farm to hang out with PeePaw Lyle since Chris and I had to work. I made him promise best behavior before he left because the snow excitement was causing him to forget his manners. When he made it home last night he reported that he had tried to be good but PeePaw kept "arguvating" him. I probably shouldn't have, but I let it slide. He was way too tired to do any more harm that night.
Dear, wonderful Jessica (my husband's sister who is nannying for us until she makes her next career move) spent the night Wednesday and valiantly offered to do an overnight shift. I was not feeling well at all so I took some cold medicine and went to bed around 8pm. I told Jessica not to try and be a hero and come get me when she needed relief. She said she would but that I needed rest and she could handle it. I got 9 or so hours of amazing, uninterupted, much needed sleep!!! Jessica got a new perspective on motherhood. "He doesn't act like this during the day", she said. She was NOT complaining mind you, just shocked. It is hard to sell a novice on the merits of motherhood. The job description, when taken out of context, is really not all that appealing. Yet, I never question, no matter how tired I am, why I longed for this again.

2 comments:

LeAnne said...

welcome to the blogging world. I am so glad we can keep in touch with each other now. I really miss you and can't wait to see you again. LeAnne

GaLinagal said...

Sweetie, I love the pics and your words of love and motherhood. Don't feel guilty over a few minutes of needed rest. They come few and far between for a working Mom of two. I am so glad to be able to hear from you and see the pictures via the blog. Keep the pics coming and keep loving on those two adorable boys. Love Mom.