Thursday, December 4, 2008

Busy Mom/Happy Mom

This picture was intended to grace my Thanksgiving post in which I expostulated on the many, many things we as a family count as blessings. I mean doesn't that look like the face of one lucky mom? Well, it is (the face) and we are (blessed), but considering I am posting this one week from the intended day I will just offer up a brief re-cap.
First of all Thanksgiving feels like it was a month ago, not a week. I think I feel that way because I have accomplished a great deal in one short week. Thanksgiving was a blast spent with Chris' extra large family (over 55 people in attendance). One of the highlights was watching Noel interact with his cousin, Joe, only a few days his senior. The event was held at Joe's house and I think he was less than crazy about this bruiser taking all his toys away.
That night, rather than take my tired bones to bed, Chris' youngest sister and I plotted then executed a serious Black Friday shopping plan. That's right, we arrived at the Outlet mall at midnight and then hit each store as it opened. At first I questioned my own sanity, but one of Chase's must haves was $40 off at Target so I felt like it was worth it. We actually had a blast and spent most of our time laughing at ourselves. I then spent the rest of the weekend decorating the house for Christmas and am happy to report I was completely done by Sunday night.
This week at work has been sheer madness as it is the last "normal" week before finals begin. That translates into several late nights for me, not to mention the days being even more insane than usual. In addition to that we have a mission going on at our church, so by the time Friday rolls around we will not have been home one evening this week. That, in itself, puts me way out of sorts. Somewhere in all this, I also managed to take Chase to the dentist, get Noel's 1 year pictures made and take the boys to see Santa.
Noel's pictures mainly consist of his backside going out of the frame. He was not interested in staying still. The photographer accused me of giving him sugar before the appointment, but I assured her that he is just a busy boy. I , of course, forgot my personal camera when we went to see Santa and we don't have a scanner. So you will have to take my word that Noel did really well and sat very calmly on Santa's lap.
You will also have to take my word that I nearly died of embarrassment when Chase knocked over a hanging display of sweaters in JC Penney. Lucky for him, his life was spared because a kindly older couple kept telling me it was an accident and accidents happen. I knew they would probably call DFCS had I given him the beating he so richly deserved. Seriously, I was so angry and mortified I couldn't really do anything. I made him take all the hangers that were broken to a saleslady and apologize. That didn't really drive any lessons home though because she went on and on about how sweet he was to bring them to her and apologize. I was afraid she was about to pull out some kind of treat to bestow on him. Grrr. The curse of having a cute kid.

So, that is what we have been up too, and why this post was so long in coming and long in length.

No comments: