Friday, November 14, 2008

Paging Moses

The title of this post is my attempt at a comical biblical reference because since October 29th we have been battling the plague(s) at our house. Granted there have been no frogs or famine at our house, we have been inundated just the same. It all started when I got a terrible cold, then Noel began to run a fever and Chase quickly followed suit.
Noel was terribly congested and kept tugging at his ear so I took him to the doctor. No ear infection just cutting six teeth at once. The doctor did not want to see Chase that day and assured me his symptoms were in line with a virus that was going around and he would likely feel better in 24 to 36 hours. For most kids that would likely be true but since Chase is so susceptible to ear infections we ended up there the very next day. He also had randomly begun vomiting and did so in our van on the way home from the doctor. He was so pitiful and kept apologizing repeatedly. Of course, it wasn't his fault but I think even he could tell that was going to be no picnic to clean up. Noel in the meantime was alternating between constipation and diarrea and those teeth weren't really making any progress.
Chase eventually got well enough to go back to school and this week started off fairly normal except my cold was trying to make a comeback. I valiantly tried to ignore that fact and press on, but Wednesday afternoon ended up at the doctor's office. She diagnosed me with a sinus infection but honestly I have not felt this bad in as long as I can remember. I had to just give up and go to bed. I have pretty much been there ever since and think in addition to the sinus infection must have picked up the virus Chase had.
I will say today my throat doesn't hurt like it did before, and I can stay up for longer periods at a time without feeling totally exhausted. Noel, however, has stopped alternating and now has constant teething diarrea. For the past two nights he has had to have a bath and bed changes at 3:30 and 1:30 am respectively. In short, I might prefer frogs.
I think at least two of the six teeth have broken the surface, so hopefully we are back on the road to wellness. I have learned the valuable lesson that sometimes trying to power through sickness isn't necessarily the most time efficient thing and willed myself to stay in bed all day despite the horrible state of affairs in the rest of the house. Hopefully, I will be posting Noelly pictures sporting a toothy grin and fun family stories in the very near future.

2 comments:

Tara said...

oh goodness. I'll keep you all in my thoughts. WOW! 6 teeth at once. I'm not sure who is the bigger champ, you or Noel?

Bill & Stacie said...

At this point you might even prefer squirrels! I know what you are going through, Meredith had a stomach virus and Bill had pneumonia all at the same time. Thank the Lord I didn't get sick. Hope all are better soon!