Monday, April 14, 2008

The Week that Was



Whew, What a week! Chase had a great time at Granny's and came home in time to kick off his t-ball season. (I will add those pictures soon.) I had an incredibly busy week at work, and all the while we were trying to prep for our home study which is a part of the adoption process. Plus we had our first adoption hearing this morning.
Having Chase away for a few days really proved the adage, "absence makes the heart grow fonder." His energy and humor were so welcome when he returned on Wednesday evening. As we were getting ready for bed that night, I banged my wrist really hard on the dresser. There is an outside chance I was being a little dramatic about how much it hurt. Chase said, "Mom, that is nothing compared to how bad Wolverine was hurt. He had his bones replaced with knives, so really that is nothing." I guess that is 6 yr. old boy for suck it up.
Thursday was the t-ball game. Chris had to substitute coach, and I think he was a little nervous. Unlike the name implies, the batters are actually pitched to by the coach and only hit off the tee if they miss 4 pitches. So, Chris made his pitching debut and did very well. In fact, out entire team was just exceptional. They don't keep score in t-ball, but our kids just looked like they knew what they were doing. A girl on the team we played Saturday ran off the field mid-game only to return with a Peanut Butter sandwich. Young children playing organized sports is true comedy!
Saturday we had our home study and it went very well. Today we had our court hearing that terminated the parental rights of Noel's biological parents! According to our attorney he is ours and the final adoption hearing on May 20th is just a formality. We are so happy and blessed.

5 comments:

Tara said...

Hey Amanda. I totally remember you. I have read your bog and enjoy it very much. I just wept over your decision to adopt little Noel on such short notice. He is precious! I believe in fate and and I am glad you did too.

LeAnne said...

I am so happy for your family. It could not happen to better parents. I miss you

Lindsey Oliver said...

Congrats on the adoption process! I can only imagine how relieved you must feel. I'm so happy for you all.

Brandi said...

Congratulations!! I'm so glad that's it's almost over for you guys!!

MaryBeth said...

Woohoo!! So will you and Noel be having a joint b-day/official adoption day party sometime in May?!?