Thursday, April 24, 2008

Things that make you say GRRR

The first thing that makes me say Grrr is that I have been so stinkin' busy I haven't gotten to partake in my favorite pastime of blogging. I have lots of great pictures and some funny stories but alas have had no time to post them. Things have been moving at such a pace that I hardly know if I am coming or going. Couple that with the fact that Noel has given up sleeping all night and I feel as though I wander about in a constant state of confusion.
On top of that, I have had one of those weeks, and by that I mean one of those weeks where a thousand annoying minor things all happen in the same short span of time and the sum of their parts leave you totally frazzled. Our fish died at the beginning of the week which is really not that big of a deal except I feel somewhat responsible. I had noticed it swimming at an odd, head -down angle between the rocks and the bowl, but I didn't think much of it. As it turns out, it was stuck thus making me a fish killer.
Within the last 24 hours the following things happend: I spilled a Diet Coke all over my keyboard at work, Chris had a minor fender bender, Chase lost his dinner and 2 glasses of milk all over the kitchen floor (because he was being a "baby" and tried some of Noel's prunes and cereal which he obviously did not care for), one of my most used dishes shattered into a bizillion pieces, Noel spit up the better part of a bottle on my chest in the middle of the night, Noel had the dirty diaper from he** to the point I just trashed the onesie and sleeper and gave him an early morning bath, and I hit a bird right before I dropped Chase at school, thus making me a fish and bird killer.
Tons of good things have happend within the past 24 hours as well. I am not unaware that things could be much worse. My kids are healthy. Chris was not hurt nor was I when the dish shattered. My keyboard still works and the bird did not shatter my windsheild. I also got to eat lunch outside in this amazing weather with two of my favorite people Mary Beth and Ella. Life on the whole is great or should I say grrreat?

3 comments:

Kim said...

That was so funny! I needed a good laugh, so THANKS! It's good to know other people have crazy lives! P.S. Remind me never to let you babysit my fish! Or bird for that matter! (I really don't have a fish or a bird-just thought I would rub it in.)

MaryBeth said...

We really enjoyed our lunch date last week... we'll have to do it again sometime soon! Sorry you had one of "those" kinds of weeks. Hope this one has started off much better.
Love,
MB & Ella

Reluctant Kerry said...

Things certainly could be worse; think of the week the bird and fish had! YIKES.

I came to your blog through Hilary's design portfolio. I have been lurking for several weeks hoping to see that your adoption went through smoothly. You don't know me but your family has been in my thoughts and prayers.