Thursday, July 8, 2010

The Enchanted Isle

That is what they call Puerto Rico, and how could I disagree? Puerto Rico truly has it all big city, tons of history, mountains, and gorgeous beaches! We were lucky to celebrate our 10 year anniversary trip here.


We splurged on renting a Jeep while there, and that was the best thing we could have done. We plugged in beaches to the GPS and hit the road.








The one lane road, that is, for the most part. The views were gorgeous and the beaches mostly empty.


Not that we weren't tempted to stay at our amazing resort pictured here from the water taxi.












Old San Juan was neat, but touristy. We toured one of the two large forts there and the History nerd in me really enjoyed that.









We had a blast at the Bacardi distillery and sampled some of their fine products!






This was the view from our balcony.
We had the trip of a lifetime and I am so thankful my mom came to stay with the boys. After 10 years and 2 kids, it was great to spend some quality time with my "boyfriend". We have been home for a couple of weeks and the children are beginning to come off their Granny induced sugar high. Chase informed me I had to take him on a vacation, and when I asked where he wanted to go he said I don't know, Six Flags. I think we can swing that.






























































No comments: