Friday, July 23, 2010

Chasecation

When Chris and I arrived home from our anniversary trip, Chase informed me very bluntly that he and Noel needed a vacation too. When I asked him what he had in mind he said, "I don't know. Six Flags or a trip to Granny's." Boy was I relieved, because if you know Chase he could have just as easily requested Tahiti or a Round the World cruise.

After looking at, what turns out to be a quickly vanishing summer calendar, the 2 fun sons and I headed up to Charlotte to see my mother for "their" vacation. I was super anxious about sticking Noel in the car for a 3+ hour road trip with only Chase to assist, but he actually was way more patient than Chase. In fact our only mishap was when we took a pit stop at one of the peach houses in South Carolina. I was making a b-line for the restroom when I glanced down to see that Noel had just helped himself to one of the peaches for sale as we walked by.

Saturday Chase, my brother, Rus, and I headed for Carowinds for amusement park fun. I don't think I have ever been so hot in my life. Chase was tired and whiny, and Rus was well, Rus. He and Chase really butt heads because not only do they look alike but...well, you get the idea. So all in all, not a super "d" duper kind of day. We had, however, bought 2 day tickets. I could honestly not face going back the next day so a new plan was formulated that included Noel's first trip to an amusement part on Monday.

He was only mildly impressed by the Merry-go-round, the Choo-Choo train, and all the other rides for the kiddos, but his reaction to the water park made everything worthwhile. He could have literally stayed in the 4 inch pool with it's variety of water squirting mechanisms forever. I have never seen such a content child in my whole life. He would leap, as though jumping from a high dive, into that for inch water over and over, and never tired of running through the same little water splasher.

That evening while we were putting dinner on the table Noel looked at Chase, and with as much conviction and seriousness as he could muster declared, " You'll never get elected!" The things he comes up with! We all cracked up so it has become his latest catch phrase.

Chase's vacation or Chasecation as I like to call it, continued as he convinced me to stay on at Granny's the rest of the week while Noel and I made our way home. True to form, Noel did great on the ride home too, for the most part, and has quite enjoyed being the only child at home for a while.

You are likely asking yourself why I have no pictures to go along with this post and Noel's first amusement park trip. Well, in my glamorous Puerto Rico post, I neglected to mention my brain went on a major vacation the last day of our trip and I left my purse in the resort parking lot!!! Long story and about an hour's worth of sickening panic later had me with purse (and wallet with all important contents in tact) in hand but the camera long gone. That is why there were no pictures of Old San Juan in the other post. Oh well, that wasn't the worst thing that could have happend. Hopefully, we will get a new camera soon and I will do a better job of blogging on the joys of 2 Fun Sons!

No comments: