Monday, May 5, 2008

Rainy days and birthdays

Saturday was Chase's last t-ball game. I almost added for the season, but actually forever because he will move up to baseball next year. I hadn't thought of that until just now, and it hurts my heart a little. It was a dreary, rainy day but they played anyway. The kids didn't care to play in rain.
He has just discovered his pocket. Thankfully he didn't make this discovery until the final game because that is where his hand stayed. Afterwards we had the t-ball party where he received his trophy. As you can tell he was quite pleased.

We then dropped the kids off at Chris' parents to have a date for my birthday. I have to say it was a very tough decision between going home and sleeping or going out to dinner. In the end, I chose the trappings of adulthood and we had a fabulous date at the Melting Pot fondue restaurant. It was especially nice to spend time together because Chris had to go out of town on Sunday and will be gone until Friday. It was the first time in a long time I haven't gotten to spend my birthday with him. Fortunately, I had two other handsome men to keep me company. I had a great birthday and felt truly blessed by all the love and well wishes.

2 comments:

Tara said...

yeah! Fun Date night! I am planning ot take Cope there when he is home next month for our date night. Happy Birhtday!

LeAnne said...

Happy Happy Birthday. It is funny how they are no longer that great!! Kids will do crazy things to your life!! It is all about them. Love ya.