Monday, May 12, 2008

Happy Mother's Day


This is actually an Easter picture but I think it is a good illustration of Motherhood.



I had a much more introspective and thoughtful Mother's Day this year because, unlike most days, our family was shockingly unscheduled. Sunday I thought a lot about Noel's birth mother and the many women out there who want, so desparately, to become mothers. I am so blessed to be a Mom twice over. Both of my sons are such miracles in the way they came to us. With Chase I was able to experience the miracle of life growing inside me and birth, and with Noel the miracle of answered prayer and God working directly in our lives and the lives of others. Uhnlike other Mother's days when I am made to feel exalted, I felt quite humbled (in a good way).
I am very excited to report that as a combined Mother's day and birthday present I got a fancy new digital video camera. So just as soon as I learn to use it, I will be posting video to the blog. Given my technical skills, that should put you in store for some footage of Chase's high school graduation. Ha ha, I will actually try to do better than that and get some video and new pictrues up very soon. Lots and lots of love to all the mothers who read this blog.

2 comments:

Tara said...

You are definetly one of the most remarkable mothers I know. I am so inspired by you. Happy Mother's Day!

MaryBeth said...

I thought about you tons yesterday... from last mother's day to this one, well, your story is truly an amazing "God thing"! So excited to see some video of the boys since we don't see nearly enough of you guys in real life. Happy belated Mother's Day!