Friday, January 13, 2012

Forgiving Friday

I don't make New Year's resolutions but I have decided to try to be more forgiving of myself this year. Maybe not forgiving but less rigid. For instance, if I blog erractically and don't have the perfect photo to go with my blog, that is o.k. If I buy cookies for the School Christmas party rather than homemaking them, I am not a bad parent. You get the idea.
So, therefore, I decided to pick up the blog again. And what a perfect time, as tonight marks Noel's first trip to the Emergency Room. He is actually there as I type this entry. After we finished a marathon game of hide and go seek, and were preparing the boys for bed, Noel took a big ol' swig of peroxide. Now, I am sure you are wondering how he accessed said peroxide. Well, of course there is a story there. Chase busted the inside of his lip on the trampoline and has been using the proxide he left the cup next to the bathroom sink. Noel has a terrible habit of drinking first and asking questions later.
To add some extra fun to this mix, I had just taken a presrciption muscle relaxer for a headache. Chris called Poison Control, who said to make him drink and that he would likely throw up (which he did several times) but if he did so repeatedly and was in a lot of pain to head to the ER. Since we are a good thirty minures away from said ER, we erred on the side of caution.
So there ya go. I am back, at least for today. And if it is only today, well, that is okay too.

No comments: