Friday, July 17, 2009

Call me Dramatic

So, Chase has been at my mom's house since Sunday. Every night we call and check in on him, tell him we love him that sort of thing. I mean he is only 7 and I did give birth to him. So last night, my mom had left her phone at her house when they went out to dinner. She mentioned to Chase that she bet I had tried to call (which I had). His response was " I don't know why my mom has to call every night. I mean that is a little dramatic."
I cannot tell a lie. My feelings were hurt. He did talk to me when she called back, but only to say this; "I just want to say I love you, but it is a little dramatic." I reacted somewhat childishly and said "Fine, here is your Daddy" and gave the phone to Chris.
Is this the first step in that long march to the tween then teen years? Is this the same little boy, who once, when I was nursing him through a nasty virus, looked up at me and said, "Thank you for keeping such good care of me, Mommy."? Am I over-reacting and being a little dramatic? In my heart of hearts, I know the answer is yes to all of the above.

1 comment:

Kim said...

That is sooo funny. Although, I do understand your feelings getting hurt. It's like they all say...you love them so much, then they break your heart!